NO SCRUB: Cleaning baked-on ceramic dishes

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2016/06/no-scrub-cleaning-baked-on-ceramic.html



















 


Hello Readers!

I was faced one day with a crusty ceramic baking dish - some chicken bits burnt to a crisp, and quite beyond my meager scrubbing abilities to restore it to cleanliness again!

I discovered this little cheat on a whim, and I couldn't believe how well it worked! After you do this, you won't need to scrub your ceramic dishes after a crispy meal ever again. 

If you like this, you might also like my tutorial on How to Easily Remove Burned on Food (for teflon-coated pans). 


Here's the drill: 

Heat your oven to 250:














Sprinkle baking soda in your pan:


Fill it halfway with water:


And bake it at 250 for two hours, then leave it overnight in the oven.

It will look like this in the morning: 



 I was so excited - my fingernail could remove the burnt on gunk!


And with some water, 


and a wipe of the sponge, 



 and VOILA!


 I must do the handles of this pan next....it's pretty splattery-dirty!

Every evening, after I've served up dinner, I do this so that it's baking as we eat, and then I wash it in the morning. No more Barkeeper's Friend or scouring pads!! 

If you liked this, you might like my tutorial on How to Easily Remove Burned on Food (for teflon-coated pans).