DIY Pretty mini footstool

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2016/05/diy-pretty-mini-footstool.html
Hello everyone!

I am so sorry it has been over a year since I posted anything - I recently moved to Canada (temporarily) and wow it has been so much adjustment!

Oh, Canada....
I haven't done much home improvement (because we are in an apartment now, so why?). LOL!

Anyways, I finally cleaned out my pictures from my phone and have settled enough to start putting up posts of little projects for you!

Here's a dandy little one:

I teach piano out of my home, and my young students' feet cannot reach the floor during lessons. 
So instead of buying something for $40-ish dollars, I custom-made one for about $22 (used some leftover scraps I had from other projects too).

I used some old screw-on feet that I had lying around, (I almost bought these pretty stained round ones from Amazon - but then decided to go with what I already had to save money.)

And spray painted them. I did not bother to sand the lacquer off of them, I just sprayed right over it. (UPDATE: three years later and no chipping/peeling problems).  I used a leftover can of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze from another project.



Then I realized they were too long for a footstool, so I trimmed them down.


I nabbed a 1'x1' mini-pallet from Michaels (half off!) for $6, and screwed the legs into some pilot holes I drilled.


The most expensive thing was the foam topper from JoAnne's Fabrics (thankfully they accept cell phone coupons - 40% off!) So the foam was about $8 for 1'x2' of 3" deep foam (smallest cut I could get).


And then I bought one of my favorite napkins from World Market and pinned it to the top (making sure the medallion was in the center and pinning it there too). ($8 on clearance)


Stapled it down around the edges....


And hot glued some leftover pompom tassel trim around the edges! (It's been 3 years since I made this stool, and the tassel is still stuck on :-D)


You could use this to help climb into a bed (and it's pretty to look at too!), my husband puts his laptop on this when he's sprawled on the floor (helps his neck strain by raising the laptop), cute little toddler floor seating, to help young piano player's feet touch the floor, to help an elderly animal get onto the couch....

What uses can you think of for a mini footstool?