How to make a Moroccan couch table

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2014/02/how-to-make-moroccan-couch-table.html


I've long needed a thin table to go over the arm of my sectional couch. It's such a deep couch that sitting up to reach a drink from the ottoman is a real hassle!

So, I decided to make a thin table that would fit over the arm of the chaise part of the sectional.

This was so easy. Two six foot sanded boards from Lowe's, some screws, and paint!

I cut one of the boards in half, so I had two three foot boards and one six foot board (the arm of the couch is three feet 4 inches from the ground, and just under six feet long). Also, my couch has a little bit of the back that's not wide enough for the board, so I had to cutout a section. 

Anyways, I screwed the legs in from the table top, making sure they were at proper right angles: 


Then, two coats of paint, and I painted the edge in metallic gold...


Then on with the stencils!


I thought that they would look better if I outlined them in metallic gold too, so I did.


Here is the finished table!


Here it is over the arm of the couch: 


And here it is with the pillows back on: 

 View from the back (of the little cutout section)
Close up of the front!


I utilize this every night. It's perfect for a glass of wine or tea, and I also put my snacks on it. It's discreet, slim line, and it's wonderful!