How to stretch your ground beef to feed more people


http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2013/11/how-to-stretch-your-ground-beef-to-feed.html


When I get my ground beef, I buy it in a huge package, then divvy it up into smaller 1lb portions and freeze it. 
The thing is, while these portions are enough to feed one person with a little bit leftover, if two people are hungry, these portions are barely enough for both of you. Also, if you want leftovers, this is what I do.

Here's my How-to on stretching my ground beef: Supplement your ground beef with rice!


I always keep a container of cooked rice in my fridge - and put about a as much rice as there is beef in my pot. You can't taste the difference between ground beef and rice if they're seasoned together!

Directions:
Brown the ground beef.  Once it's browned (but before you pour the juice out), mix in the cooked rice and simmer a few more minutes. You want the rice to soak in some meaty juices. Then strain out the juice, and add your seasoning or put it in your casserole, or whatever you want to do with it.

It's so simple, and you can't taste the difference!

*I wouldn't recommend this for spaghetti, as for some reason, the tomato sauce does not stick to the rice. Maybe cook DRY rice directly in the tomato sauce? What are your thoughts?